Inside the New 2021 Rolls-Royce Ghost
The New Rolls-Royce Ghost embodies what the brand has described as ‘post-opulence.’ The concept reflects the minimalist philosophy that underpins New Ghost. The most technologically advanced Rolls-Royce yet succeeds the most successful product in the brand’s 116-year history. The new design rejects superficial expressions of wealth in these times of subtlety.
“The first Goodwood Ghost was a response to a whole new generation of clients, both in age and attitude. These men and women asked us for a slightly smaller, less ostentatious means to own a Rolls-Royce,” Torsten Müller-Ötvös, chief executive officer, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
“The success of the product we created for them fulfilled our most ambitious expectations. Over its ten-year lifespan, which began in 2009, Ghost has become the most successful model in the marque’s 116-year history.
- Built on rigid aluminium Rolls-Royce spaceframe architecture.
- All-wheel drive and all-wheel steering for unprecedented poise and surefootedness.
- World first Planar suspension system significantly increases agility and effortlessness.
- Equipped with hallmark 6.75-litre twin-turbo V12 engine, delivering 563 hp and 627 lbf-ft.
- For effortless egress, doors now electrically open as well as close.
- Interior components tuned to specific resonant frequency to create a sense of serenity.
- Down lit Pantheon grille discreetly illuminates Rolls-Royce iconography.
- Illuminated Fascia debuts featuring Ghost nameplate surrounded by more than 850 stars.
“To create a new product that would resonate with our Ghost clients for the next ten years meant we had to listen carefully to their demands. Today we set new standards in customer centricity by creating a completely new motor car for a unique group of Rolls-Royce’s clients,” Müller-Ötvös said.
“These business leaders and entrepreneurs demand more of their Ghost than ever. They require a new type of super-luxury saloon that is dynamic, serenely comfortable, and perfect in its minimalism. Ghost is this product.”
The first deliveries for the New Ghost Rolls-Royce are expected in the first quarter of 2021.
For more content like Inside the New 2021 Rolls-Royce Ghost visit here.