A few weeks ago the Nationals baseball organization held a media day unveiling some of the newest happenings at the ballpark. The rollout was quite impressive. Check out a list of new things fans can look forward to this year.
- The PNC Diamond Club was completely renovated during the offseason, transformed into a two-floor space overlooking home plate.
- The Lansinoh Nursing Mothers Lounge unveiled in August 2015, features a ritzy comfortable mothers lounge for nursing, diaper-changing stations and a play area for toddlers.
- As a part of Major League Baseball’s safety recommendations the Nats will have walk-through metal detectors at all entrances.
- The on-field netting will be extended from dugout to dugout.
- Fans will notice this year everything that once said Miller Lite will now be Budweiser, the team’s new official beer partner.
- Starting this season the Nationals will be fully operating the main team store at the park which they say will make for better prices, broader selections and exclusive styles.
- On opening day the Nationals hit a milestone with their 25 millionth fan. The fan will receive opening day tickets for the next 25 years. In addition, they will receive a special Nationals jersey, jacket, Nats bucks among being honored in-game and taking a visit to the ownership box.
- At the end of the tour we were introduced to the new food concepts that will hit concessions this year.
- The winners of the Nationals culinary competition “Haute Dog and Fries” and “Pinch Dumplings” will be available at the ballpark. I LOVED the dumplings!
- Celebrity chef Mike Isabella will have two eateries at the park including Kapnos at the Park and Catchfly, a southern style concept. His food was amazing! I can’t wait to attend a game this year and partake in the festivities.
- One more thing moms and dads would want to know, the Nationals are now offering birthday parties for kids at the park during home games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The deal includes all you can eat pizza, cupcakes, drinks, game-day tickets, appearance on the big screen and more.
- I know for sure the Nationals will continue to step their facilities and accommodations up being that their ballpark will host the 2018 MLB ALL STAR GAME. Until Next time!